Powder coating is a process by which workpieces of aluminium, steel or hot-dip galvanized steel are coated with polyester or polyester epoxy powder using an electrostatic charge. The powder is baked into the workpiece at a temperature of ca. 180°C and then starts to run forming a coat of lacquer.
- Good corrosion protection
- Decorative appearance, unlimited colour variety
- Mechanical resilience
- High level of cost effectiveness due to its long service life
- Environmentally-sound process due to powder supply systems and environmentally-friendly coating materials
- No drying needed, can be used straight away and transported immediately after coating